It's been a busy few weeks chez-moi. I've made two batches of German Chocolate Cupcakes, which are by the way - A-MAZING! I made banana bread, which I hear was good. But, I'd like to showcase the non-baking culinary skills tonight. For the meat-eaters among us, here is a great, simply, fancy chicken recipe that comes straight from Rachel Ray herself (it's no NOTsagna, but it'll do!)
Sesame and Herbes de Provence Chicken Tenders
I've made this before, I've used skewers and threaded the chicken on them, but this time I ditched those. I further streamlined the process by combining all the "coating" ingredients into a ziploc bag and putting the chicken tenders in a few at a time, a la Shake-n-Bake style, and they were coated quickly and nearly mess free! I do suggest going a little easy on the sea salt, as the rest of the herbes seem to be somewhat salted, and this last batch came out pretty salty.
Along side, I finally did it - I grilled some Okra! It was so yummy. I put some olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and soaked the okra in tat for a little while. I pre-heated a griddle, and then grilled the okra, flipping them a few times. Some of the okra seemed to "pop" open after being grilled a bit, but the end result was so great. I think this might be my new favorite vegetable...and it seems like it's pretty good for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment